Monday 23 April 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - April

Better late than never! I suddenly realised I hadn't made a tag for Tim's 2012 tag challenge.  You can see Tim's original here 

 I don't have the Reflections stamps Tim used and I couldn't find my 'reverse stamp' which is basically just a plain piece of rubber - that you stamp onto first so that you get a reverse image and which I was going to try using instead - so I just stamped the script straight onto the tag before embossing.  I think it's worked ok.  I do have the frame texture fade Tim used, (cos I bought it last week...)


As I don't have the bird and branch die that Tim used, I die cut some butterflies in grungepaper and inked and distress embossed them, coloured the tag with distress inks and some of the ribbon trim also. I used the tiny attacher to fix the butterflies to the tag, making sure the staples are straight-ish to represent the body of the butterfly.  Finally as I don't have any 'word bands' I used a metal embellishment from my stash.

17 comments:

Minxy said...

Absolutely beautiful, love your version :)

Carol said...

That's gorgeous Helen! I love the texture fade - I just bought that one too!! That bird & branch keeps popping up doesn't it!! May have to get one to pop into my letterbox soon!! Lol!!
Carol x

Gabrielle said...

Oh that's pretty! I like the butterflies! Nice job m'lady!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually like it better because it wasn't an exact replica of Tim's tag. It shows you were able to find good substitutes for what you needed. I really like the butterflies, too. They are just what the tag needed.

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful butterfly tag Helen. Your interpretation is fab. Annette x

brenda said...

This is totally my thing Helen and I love it.

After yesterdays attempts with the birdcage I decided I defo need it along with the branch you mention. Just proved my point that there's always something new to learn and discover.

B x

Jacqui Chimes said...

The colours in this are gorgeous

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super tag, love it, so pretty. Zo xx

Lori said...

Awesome Helen, great way to improvise if you don't have that stamp!

Carmen said...

I love your version, the colours you've used are gorgeous and I like the butterflies... I prefer it over Tims! Ssssh! I think the branch on his dwarfs the tag.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the colours you have used and the butterflies are beautiful!! Hugs trace x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love your improvising!!! Those butterflies are perfect and so striking! Your background is perfect...just a gorgeous tag here!!!

JoZart Designs said...

Bee ooo tiful tag!
Just wanted to let you know that Titanic Girl is rescheduled to 8.30pm Mon 30th April! Don't miss!
JoZarty x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful tag, love the butterflies.

Alison said...

I nearly forgot too! Lol! Gorgeous tag Helen! x

Alison said...

I nearly forgot too! Lol! Gorgeous tag Helen! x

The Scrappy Tree said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the frame and the colours, and butterflies are one of my fave things :) Fab!
Gayle xx