Monday 28 March 2016

Wanderlust Book Prompt - my past

Another tough challenge for the Wanderlust journal challenge but it's done. The prompt is "my past".  just that.. no more clues or hints or prompts.

 My Wanderlust journal is a 12x12 Kraft journal, but I painted the page white, then
started by stencilling flowers (Carabelle studios) over the journal page
however, decided the white background wasn't right, so painted the background black
I wrote the title in the middle of the black space and then picked some words names and places that have significance for me and wrote them on the page, then hid them all with paper flowers from my stash, toning them with the stencilled ones.

Found this really hard because I don't normally do written journalling.

yes, you can see the before too!


10 comments:

Miriam said...

I really like this Helen....I know what you mean though....it's tough when you start something you're not sure about and then change it part way through. it's really good though

Miriam said...

I really like this Helen....I know what you mean though....it's tough when you start something you're not sure about and then change it part way through. it's really good though

brenda said...

Love the colours Helene, the flowers really pop against the black background.

B x

Artmadnana said...

I love the flowers and the way they really pop against the dark background. However, I'm left with so many questions! How does this relate to your past?

craftytrog said...

Love how the flowers pop against the black! Great page!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is brilliant Helen! I have quite a few hidden journaling pages - gets things out of my head! Hugs, Chrisx

Gabrielle said...

Love the drama of the page but the bravery in sharing the uncompleted page is quite incredible. Much love x

sam21ski said...

Oooh missed this due to pc issues, love it, the black really makes the pink pop xx

Words and Pictures said...

The flowers look amazing against the black background, and I love the idea of the hidden words about your past under some of the petals.
Alison x

craftimamma said...

Alison has taken the words from my fingers, lol! I too love those flowers against the black. I love the hibiscus stencil and nice idea to hide the words.

Hugs
Lesley Xx